Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bob's Big Boy - Burbank Landmark

 

Forget all the celebrities that have passed through the doors of this, most famous, of Burbank's landmarks. Forget the movies that have been shot on location. Forget that the food really is unremarkable, no offense intended, but they don't serve a killer bolognaise. I mean my Chicken Fried Steak was yummy but forget that too. Last night was all about Bug.

We went to the Computer Fair, looked at RVs (yea, we may have toddlers but we ARE still getting old) and then we decided food would be good. Debbie suggested Bob's and I jumped! Love the atmosphere of the place and I love to hear Debbie talk about all the people she has worked with, and has known in her tenure at Disney, that have graced its booths. I did not expect what we received.

Bug ate well. He carried in a bag of Dorito's, don't judge me, and I had little hope for the dinner. But we tried and he ate. He ate a lot. He had salad, and some bread, he had fish and some spaghetti. When he was done, he got bored. Very bored and wanted OUT of the highchair. Out in the worst way and he beseeched all who walked within his grasps to assist him in his escape. He reached out, time and again, and snagged, time and again, waitress after waitress, after bus boy. And, as if Marisol, our waitress, wasn't wonderful enough to him, hugging him and holding his hand, every one of the personeel stopped and talked to him. EVERYONE! This, had never happened before in California. Of course, most of the staff are actors or actress in training and NOT from California so I shouldn't have been shocked but still...there I was...almost in tears I was so thrilled!

They all asked him questions and when I explained he didn't talk, they said, to the person, oh that's OK *we* can talk to *him*. And they hugged him as he tugged on them to release the harness. They gave him a balloon and one for Taylor. They gave him ice cream, and one for Taylor. These things bought us some time to finish, it was heaven. And when we finally relented, and let Courtney take him from the chair, he tried to run away. But she was too quick. She had a grip on him like any linebacker on a Quarterback I have ever seen. He couldn't shake her. It was beautiful.

The girls walked out with us and gave us their phone number. They were so taken with the kids they offered to babysit. So much for New Yorkers being rude, huh? They were the sweetest girls, maybe a tad naive, but still it was appreciated. I told Glenn in the car, that I will only eat at Bob's. The 25 miles trip is more than worth it! Of course that's not entirely true. Not entirely but pretty close. Thank you wonderful Bob's Big Boy's employees! You made my year!



6 comments:

  1. [this is good] So happy for Bug's great experience! It's nice to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! C'mon over! We'll wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah..it almost renewed my faith in humanity :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're changing designs like you're changing clothes! I like this one too.  =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I'm a layout slut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bob's!!!
    The staff has always been top notch the dozen times I've been there.
    I even made Monica go there as our first meal in California a year and a half ago!
    Glad it was a good experience for Bug too!

    ReplyDelete

Google - Not a medical pancea.

  “You should write this, “ Patty said to me, “You need to share this story of triumph using Google.” I wish I hadn’t said yes. Dr. Google A...