Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Flowers That Stick

I wrote this as a note on Facebook a while back...i just read it again and, wow, I like it. Who knew?

My home is covered in glittery things, things that sing the alphabet, little flowers that glow in the dark and things that if they get stuck on something, and they do, would need a nuclear arsenal to remove.

My home is filled with noise, humming, spinning things, laughter, and crying over things that are important to a 5 year old, but not so much to a 40 year old.

My home is filled with errands and my car sees me more than my bed.

My home is filled with soft things, things to sit on and things to cuddle with, things to throw and things to catch.

My home is filled with the people I adore, the people I would rather spend my times with than any other people in the world, and people that make me feel loved.

My home is filled with my heart. It may be messy with things that stick, and things that get thrown, and people that can't pick up what they put down, but it is my home, and it is my family, and I love who they are and who they will be. And in my home, I am the sticky that holds it together, and the laughter that lightens the day and the person that would give up anything to cuddle for a moment with person that needs me the most.

Those flowers I don't get, are not nearly as beautiful as the flowers that stick. My daughter is wearing them on her fingernails.

2 comments:

  1. Though its been a while, I've been to your home many, many times, and what your home is really filled with is love and beauty, just like you are filled with love and beauty. I've been there when it's messy and when it's clean, when toys are strewn about and when everything is in its place, but that's just the way your house is... Your *home* is always welcoming, cozy, and pleasant. But things don't make it that way, you do! Love you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nando! I always wanted to be that house that was a refuge from the world. I wanted it to be the place of acceptance and of support. But, I had to sacrifice that somewhat. I am trying to get it back, but it ain't easy brother. :) Stop by anytime! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Google - Not a medical pancea.

  “You should write this, “ Patty said to me, “You need to share this story of triumph using Google.” I wish I hadn’t said yes. Dr. Google A...