Saturday, June 28, 2008

Maybe it's me

I wonder: Am I the only one that thinks it's obscene to read about a pack of teenagers beating a man to death with another 'news' story about how a young TV star has no problem taking off her clothes and showing the world her goodies whether we want to see them or not?

Where is the reality?

Wondering about the Top Story? Go ahead...guess.

Verne Troyer Sex tape. That's right. Excuse me, that TMZ DROPPED the sex tape. WTH? That this man has a sex tape is more important than ANYTHING else happening in the world that CNN decides is news. Watching someone else have sex is the foundation of society, evidently.

Oh and Number 2? Uma Thurman is engaged. Well, good for her. Will I get an invite? Because, really, that's the only way I might actually think this tidbit is important to me in any way. Or, if she picked my company to make the flowers. Aside from tha: have a nice life Uma. Hope you are very happy, congrats. Everyone wants to be happy. But, you know, some people are being beaten to death. Harsh? OK, I'll buy that was harsh and not directed at Miss Thurman in any way. But wasn't it true?

So I think; I vow not to NOT click on a story where I recognize any of the names.

Unless, someone sends me a link and wants to discuss it.

And I also vow to continue to be appalled by the lack of humanity in the new human experience. That I will always rant about teenagers with no guidance. Can't tell you why they abuse people, I don't know them. I can make blanket assumptions such as: Parents aren't there,or fell in with the wrong crowd and look for blame in some other place instead of where it lies: With the teenagers. I mean, really, did you NOT know that it was wrong to attack someone for their music player when you were 14? Could anyone have convinced you to strike another human being until they died? Because these kids did. They looked around and saw something they wanted, and, on impulse, or planned (doesn't matter the outcome was the same), they took it. And we, gave them exposure and attention. What we SHOULD be doing is crying out for their punishment! For the accountability that we, as a society, do not force upon our young people. THEY are the ones who chose this path, NO ONE forced this behavior and the majority of us want to see Verne Troyer's willie. How did this happen?



6 comments:

  1. I completely agree with what you are saying. I also watch TMZ and if the clelbrities would clean up their act like Brittney Spears is being forced to do, these programs would not have as much fodder to feed on. I must admit that I am still a voyeur and watch it, however, not as much. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, this is my news. I also watch Primetime, 20/20, 48 hours etc. and CNN. Here's my take: Celebrities can only be famous if the feed into this cyclical behavior. I don't think the paparazzi are stalking as much as they are being tipped off... So if they want us to watch their stupidity, then by golly, I will. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit to being able to keep up with JJ most of the time :). But I put little stock in it as real news. It's when it is featured so predominantly on supposed legitmate news sites that I being to wonder...when I go to Fox or CNN I expect news...not gossip. Even worse, carefully crafted PR...it's not truth is it? When it comes to celebrity you see EXACTLY what they want you to see. It's amazing what is faked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you while I was posting this. :) It's trainwrecktastic isn't it? A kind of perverse pleasure to feel superior :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those damn fantasies just keep interfering with reality! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, don't let them interfere...let them enhance :).

    ReplyDelete

Google - Not a medical pancea.

  “You should write this, “ Patty said to me, “You need to share this story of triumph using Google.” I wish I hadn’t said yes. Dr. Google A...