Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Examination and fury.

I have been called many things in my life, some of them true, some of them not as true as others but tonight I was called haughty. A new one for me. Arrogant, I heard once in the heat of an argument, but not haughty. 


I have always been told I was approachable, understanding and down-to-earth, I have made friends for mere moments to help someone get through the tough time they were having, never to see them again but feeling like I helped.

I am opinionated but I know when to shut my mouth, usually. Tonight, I hurt a little. Not because I thought they were my friends, I knew they were not, they have been aggressive with me before when I was trying to help, but because I fear they may be right.

Do I REALLY believe it? No. But I question it. As I believe all people should when an accusation of impropriety has been leveled against them. I re-read what I wrote that so infuriated them, I read it to Glenn, I mulled it over and came to one conclusion:

They must have been drunk.

De-friended and blocked. A little sadly but I do NOT need that judgement on top of everything else I have going on at the moment. I need people that will support and not just take. So, done. And not looking back.



3 comments:

  1. I love you just the way you are! Don't change for them or anyone else! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haughty? Really??? Does this person even know you? 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they meant naughty (grin). Nett you are the least haughty person I've ever met. You are very approachable and down-to-earth. You balance grace and mercy along with down-to-earth common sense better than anyone. Love and mIss ya girl.

    ReplyDelete

Google - Not a medical pancea.

  “You should write this, “ Patty said to me, “You need to share this story of triumph using Google.” I wish I hadn’t said yes. Dr. Google A...