Monday, December 8, 2008

So the details...

Are as follows:

The night before, Glenn and I decorated the place with orange, yellow and blue streamers, we placed the presents, unwrapped (because he really isn't that into opening things anymore) on the kitchen table and went to bed.

Bug woke up and opened the door, took a step back when he saw the decorations, but ran headlong into the kitchen to scrounge for food. I was feeling under the weather and made him waffles instead of eggs, don't judge me. He ate ravenously and began tearing through the house like a caged bird.

Because I was so sick (sinus infection...AGAIN) I didn't have very much inclination to do anything until Mom and Dad got here. Thank god Mom and Dad got here before I strung him up because BOY, was he full of energy. So they got here and I began to get ready to take him to Chuck E. Cheese. Glenn got home, cuddled with Bug, calmed me down and made me smile and then we went to the restaurant/den of disease and munchkin overzealousness.

Bug was typically Bug and just wanted out of the place and back into the car. We, of course, couldn't give him what he wanted but instead walked around with him and let him ride some of the car rides and such. Mom has video, my battery was dead. Considering that Bug gets a little overexcited in crowds, he did really well.

We finished at the Chuck E. Cheese spending a little less than a hundred dollars on things that would have cost 30 bucks and headed to the Albertson's to get a cake.

About the cake...it was under glass, behind the counter and well, I wanted it. Glenn called for someone. Waited, called again. Waited some more and then we looked at each other and I went and got it. Found the little plastic cake cover and took it to the check out. Minor infraction and no DO NOT ENTER signs so...I suppose no harm no foul and it was a good cake.

We got home, had the cake, complete with candles and singing and then...had to play with the gifts. All the big people played, Bug wasn't too interested. Glenn got Bug an Air Hog. A small one but cool enough. I had to laugh...ages 8+. Bug didn't look at it once, he played with the Doodle Pro Mom and Dad got, and a little with the Little Einstein's Piano but after the 2 days he had before this, I was pleased he was even interested and mobile at all.

I never imagined the last 6 years would play out like they have when I first took him home so long ago. The future was completely different in my mind but he is still the little man I imagined. Loving, sweet, mischievous and tenacious. He is my little prince, and as trying as it can be at times, I simply adore my 6 year old boy. Now I just have to adjust to telling people he's 6. Wow.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google - Not a medical pancea.

  “You should write this, “ Patty said to me, “You need to share this story of triumph using Google.” I wish I hadn’t said yes. Dr. Google A...