Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Funkies

So, what do you do when you have the funks?

I have been down and out for a while now and this last week didn't help much. I thought it would be a pleasant time with family and it turned into so much less than expected. Made the funks worse. So I thought: I will watch videos. And I did.

All I could think of? I want Bug to have friends. I want him to be able to communicate what he wants. I want people to interact with him and not ignore him. I want him to never be hurt. But these things may not happen and I have to resign myself to that. He is beautiful and happy, regardless. He is sweet and cuddly and a million other wonderful adjectives, maybe a few not so wonderful too, but hey, he is 5 and 5 sucks.

I moved on for a second. A split second and thought: too bad I won't have more children. I really thought I was going to have more but this past week made me think it was a bad idea. It was an idea that I seemed to will into being and that isn't fair or smart. Maybe the loss in August was the universe telling me to be done. I really think I will listen and try to enjoy what I have, and what those I love have. But this thought also makes the funks worse. I haven't told Glenn, mostly because I am sure he won't really care what my reasons are. He will just try to talk me out of it because he knows I wanted it. But, I see what the future may look like and another little one may not make that future any brighter, in fact, may just make it more frustrating.

I think I need to move on to the damn haircut. :)



4 comments:

  1. [this is good] Oh hun, I'm sorry you have the funks and that your family trip turned out to be less than expected.

    Bug is a special kid... he's warm and loving and has a wonderful mother who is trying her best to find what he needs to get him out of his silent shell. You will find what works... and he will live a happy life because of it.

    I hope you find what you need to be happy again Nett... I miss you... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys...I am looking :). Never lasted this long before. I am a happy person by nature and well...it's just weird. I think it may be allergy related actaully. They've been worse than they have ever been and that can cause this funk. Bug is a great kid, I hope you get to meet him some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course, you're blaming this on allergies... i should have guessed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I did just do that didn't I? Fart. :)

    ReplyDelete

Google - Not a medical pancea.

  “You should write this, “ Patty said to me, “You need to share this story of triumph using Google.” I wish I hadn’t said yes. Dr. Google A...